Sunday, February 17, 2008

Viva, Las Vegas, day 2

We all slept late, then headed to the shops at Caesar's for window shopping, sightseeing, and lunch at Wolfgang Puck's Spago, a place I've always enjoyed. We didn't buy anything, but as is always the case in Vegas, the people watching and storefronts were entertaining.

We took a mid-afternoon break, then headed out for the 7:00 show of Mystere at Treasure Island. Mystere was the first Cirque show I saw, and it was the first permanent Cirque show in Las Vegas. Seeing it again was a real treat. I left it with my mind and heart full and happy, and with a resolve to create more and better art. I realize all of that may sound trite, goofy, or even pretentious, but it's the truth; Cirque shows have a profound effect on me. Getting to share them with my children is also a treat in its own right.

Dinner was at Fix at the Bellagio, another Vegas favorite of mine. Though for a while it looked like they might not honor our reservation simply because we were neither pretty enough nor cool enough, we did eventually secure a booth. We feasted on some of the place's signature dishes, notably the Kobe beef sliders, the forks (salmon, cream, cheese, and caviar on forks, with mini blintzes on the side), and the adult mac and cheese. All the dishes were wonderful.

Some of folks I told that I was going to see four Cirque shows in four nights thought I was crazy and wasting money. They're so wrong.

Now, back to my own art and work on Overthrowing Heaven.

Oh, yeah: those announcements. Well, they aren't any big things, so they can wait another day (he says, teasing yet more).

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive