Saturday, February 23, 2008

Having the flu sucks

As best I can tell, I officially have the flu. I finished my work last night at 3:00 a.m., went to bed, and proceeded to spend the next twelve hours with sweats, chills, cramps (due to dehydration due to me stupidly not drinking much because drinking makes my stomach hurt), and a lot of wild, fevered imaginings. Fortunately, I was able to put the fever to good use: I got out of bed at one point and madly scribbled notes for a section of a monologue and some ideas for details in the Overthrowing Heaven adventure. The notes hold up well with my slightly less fevered brain, so I'm hoping my mind didn't waste the sick time.

Two good friends, members of our extended family, are having a joint birthday party tonight. I had planned on attending and really wanted to do so. We all agreed, however, that this was not my best move for the sake of the other attendees. So, I'm alone (a state I quite enjoy) and will work for a bit, then watch Eastern Promises, a film no one else in our group really wants to see as badly as I do.

The reason I am so eager to watch Promises, by the way, is the previous Cronenberg-Mortensen film, A History of Violence, which I consider to be flat out brilliant. Violence is not a film for everyone--in fact, most folks will not, I suspect, get it--but for those who do, it's a must-see.

A little more work, then the movie, then a ton of rack time in the hope that the fever will finally break for the last time and vanish.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive