Friday, February 22, 2008

Provoked

After feeling sick all day and thus not operating at full mental steam, I nonetheless ignored both the cold, wet weather and the way my body felt and headed out to see Henry Rollins' Provoked tour at the Lincoln Theater. Seven of us, including Sarah and Scott, went. As some of you may recall, I'd caught this tour in Portland in November, but I didn't care; Rollins was in town, and I was going.

Though this was the fourth time I've gone to his spoken word performances, I hadn't previously seen the same tour twice, so I was curious to see how much he'd repeat from the earlier show. He stood and talked for about three hours and ten minutes, and roughly a third of it contained stories I'd heard before. Even those offered fresh perspectives in multiple places.

I loved it.

I want to do spoken word, so I also studied it, as I do all comedian and spoken-word artist performances I attend. I hope one day to make it a regular part of what I do. Con organizers, here's your chance to book an SF author and spoken word performer all in one!

Now, however, Overthrowing Heaven calls to my literally fevered brain, so to it I go.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive