As you might imagine, more than a few people, most of them women, have told me in no uncertain terms how very wrong most of Dr. Efficient's answers are. Some of these folks have been rather vehement in stating those feelings.
I've been pondering this situation, and I've decided to offer to all those who feel Dr. Efficient is wrong an opportunity: write your own guest column here. You would have to go back to the first Dr. Efficient column and respond to those questions, and then when you had caught up to the current columns, I would run the doctor's and yours either intermixed or one after the other.
Before I made this offer, I asked Dr. Efficient if he would mind if I did this. His response:
It certainly wouldn't bother me to have somebody else go back and give incorrect answers to all the questions that I've already answered correctly.The rules are simple and the same ones under which Doc E. operates:
* You have to answer all the same questions he already has.That's it. Anyone think Dr. Efficient is wrong and want to play?
* Your viewpoint has to be rather different from his (which presumably it already is, or you wouldn't be interested in rebutting him).
* I will edit you for conformance to my personal style guide but otherwise will leave your work alone.
* You may use a pseudonym, but I must know your real name, and you must be willing for me to show it to the world in the tags, as I do with Dr. Efficient/Kyle.
* There's no money here; I don't pay Dr. E, and I wouldn't be paying you.
* I will run only one alternative viewpoint column (well, unless two people just blow me away with their writing).