Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Viva, Las Vegas, day 5 - awe

Another day, another late sleep, and then out for walking and lunch. We spent some of the afternoon playing games and then watching the pilot of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, which we all enjoyed greatly.

The highlight of the evening was our final Cirque show, Ka. I've seen it once before, when it was still in pre-show, and I enjoyed it, but tonight I was awestruck. The stage, the acrobatics, the heart--it all worked wonderfully. Wow.

In honor of Sarah's birthday, our dinner was entirely dessert, courtesy of the wonderful Payard Las Vegas. Each dessert course was exquisite, but I am paying the price for eating only that for dinner: I'm still jittery from the sugar.

I'm cutting it short tonight, because I still have some work to do on the outline of Overthrowing Heaven, and then I must pack and sleep before a (relative to the other days of this trip) very early wake-up call for the long journey home.

Go see Cirque shows when you can. We can never have enough magic in the world.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive