Thursday, February 21, 2008

Viva, Las Vegas, day 6 - home

The hardest part of today was getting up early--or, at least, what passes for early for me. Still, I got more sleep this trip than in recent months, so I should be grateful.

The process of exiting the city--check-out, cab ride, check-in, security, gate transit, boarding, and flight--all passed largely uneventfully. The one exceptional event was a call for a medical person and a large man to come to the back of the plane to help. A volunteer was in the aisle before I could even put away my notebook--I’m not particularly large, but I am strong--so I never found out what had happened. I have to hope for the best.

I should probably also note the crying baby in the seat behind me, a baby whose parents thought it was a good idea to encourage the child to kick and play with my seat and Scott's. These evil geniuses also liked playing the baby's music loudly enough that all of us in our row had to hear it. If I go any further into this part of the ride, I'll get pissed, so I'll leave it at that.

We enjoyed a treat dinner out, then headed home. Travel is good, but so is being home, and right now I’m glad to be there.

The Overthrowing Heaven outline grows slowly, but it grows. I will whip it into shape, and then I’ll finally start the book and be a writer again. I look forward to that day.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive