Saturday, February 16, 2008

Viva, Las Vegas, day 1

Today was a travel day that culminated in a dinner that ended with the best banana cream pie I've ever tasted. (Can you spot my priorities?) Believe it or not, that wonderful treat comes from the Emeril's Fish House in the MGM Grand. Jennie's BCP is a very close second, but in this one area, Emeril's rules the roost.

I worked a good chunk of the day, then played rat in the maze, airport style. The kids took the travel well, and they didn't even gripe when I lost ten minutes dealing with the TSA agent at RDU who didn't want to believe one person might be carrying two notebooks, a spare battery, and an external DVD drive.

The goal of this winter-break trip is to show Sarah and Scott all four normal (i.e., not R-rated) Cirque du Soleil shows--and in four nights! I've seen them all before, but I'm as excited as always to get to see them again. Cirque comes as close as any organization I've ever known to creating magic night in and night out on stages all over the world. I'd love to collaborate with them on something, though on what I have no clue.

Oh, yeah: remind me sometime soon, and I'll announce two new projects.

Hey, a guy can tease from time to time!

2 comments:

Frederick Paul Kiesche III said...

"Oh, yeah: remind me sometime soon, and I'll announce two new projects."

Soon.

And, Mark, Mark, Mark. More visits to the restaurants of the world? Not enough writing "Heaven"? Wait until word gets out to your starving (for the written word) fans at Baen's Bar...

Mark said...

Fred, a guy's gotta eat, so why not eat well.

Oh, yeah, Sarah says you're the bomb for bugging me.

Labels

Blog Archive