Sunday, September 7, 2014

On the road again: IDF, day -1


San Francisco, I am in you.

I left the house this morning entirely too early on a Sunday after my normal very late Saturday night bedtime, so I made my way through the airport wishing I was still in bed.  Fortunately, I was lucky enough to receive an upgrade on the first flight, so I passed those hours in relative comfort. 

The second flight was much more of a mixed bag.  On the one hand, my seat was on the aisle in an exit row, which is about as good as a non-first-class seat can be.  On the other hand, the guy next to me was enormously wide; I could have easily hidden behind him.  We did our best to stay out of each other's space, even though neither of our shoulders came close to fitting into our seat areas. 

I hit the hotel in time to check in, set up my laptop, do a little email, and register for the conference.  I grabbed some supplies for the room--Coke Zero being the key one--and worked some more.

My big treat of the day was walking to one of the two nearby movie theaters and catching a film on which I'll post a review later.

So, Sunday became travel and work day. 

I'm hoping to enjoy a decent dinner tomorrow (Monday) night, so if anyone in the SF area is interested in joining me, email me. 

Now, more work!


No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive