Monday, September 8, 2014

On the road again: IDF, day 0


Click the image to see a larger version.

Some planned meetings fell through, so I ended up spending most of the day working in my hotel room.  As work days go, it wasn't a bad one, but it leaves me with little to report.  I did catch a movie late in the afternoon in a work break, but I'm going to save the review for later, when I can do it justice. 

Dinner was with a friend and colleague at a nearby Mel's Drive-In.  The food was good but not great, but the conversation was excellent. 

Tomorrow morning, earlier than I prefer, thousands of tech folks will descend on the Moscone Center West for IDF, which Intel's CEO will open with a keynote that will, I assume, discuss at least some of Intel's vision for the future.  Technical sessions and meetings with colleagues in other companies will fill the rest of the three days of the conference.  Though I realize it may all sound boring to many, I'm quite looking forward to it.



2 comments:

Dave Drale said...

Dear Mark,

I assume the Apple launch today is deliberate counterprogramming. What effect does it have on attendance at IDF?

Note that in at least the public sessions you can discuss the various visions of the electronic future that you'll be seeing.

I have a rough plot for the first story. I ought to make your deadline, though heaven only knows what I'll do for the second story. Forward!

Dave

Mark said...

Dave,

I honestly don't know if it is counter-programming at this point. This week is the traditional time for both events, so it may well be a coincidence. Or not.

In any case, the overlap appears to have had no effect on IDF's attendance, though I have no way to be sure.

Yes, I can discuss those, and I will, at least a little. Nothing here is under NDA.

I am confident you will write two great stories. I can't wait to read them!

MVN

Labels

Blog Archive