Thursday, September 16, 2010

On the road again: San Francisco, day 8

Another work day, another bunch of interesting stuff I can't discuss. Nature of the job.

I can mention that I got to eat lunch at one of my favorite burrito joints, the Pancho Villa Taqueria in San Mateo. I enjoyed their al pastor burrito and one of my all-time favorite beverages, their mandarina.

We kept lunch short so that I could briefly indulge in another favorite activity: browsing the shelves at the lovely M Is For Mystery bookshop. I managed to keep myself in check almost entirely and escaped only with a single book; my control is rarely that good.

Dinner was an amazing truffle-covered burger at Hubert Keller's Burger Bar on the sixth floor of the Macy's on Union Square. The food tasted sinfully rich, and the view of the fog-blanketed square was lovely.

Morning will come entirely too early tomorrow, and with it my long trek home will begin, so I will sign off early tonight.

2 comments:

Griffin said...

Come again soon!

Mark said...

Griffin, I will--in about a month, for Bouchercon!

Labels

Blog Archive