Sunday, September 12, 2010

On the road again: San Francisco, day 4

Work and the conference are ramping up, so I will be able to discuss less of each day for the rest of this trip. Today's non-work portions included some time walking in the Haight, which was a pleasant break in the afternoon. We enjoyed a good lunch at Cha Cha Cha, where the Cubano was as good as any I've had in a very long time.

The temptation of ice cream was too strong to resist today, so we hustled over to the Bi-Rite Creamery for some of their justly famous ice cream. I wouldn't rank them as high as Jeni's, but it was still mighty darn good.

Our small team held its pre-conference dinner at the nearest Max's, one of their Opera cafes, and I once again was unable to resist the patty melt. I keep hoping to have a better one elsewhere, but to date that hasn't happened.

The day was cool here, the night cooler, and back home the temperature is also dropping. Fall is coming, summer is fading, and time keeps chugging along at what feels like an ever faster pace. I long for each day to last longer, to have more hours, to give me more chances to accomplish something of value, but of course the standard twenty-four are all any of us get. I wish it felt like enough.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive