Thursday, February 19, 2009

Yikes! He's talking again.

Yes, I am, over at the Intel Software Network video site again. This time, they've posted three interviews with me, all on various tech-geek topics: parallel programming, manageability, and the future of graphics.

I can't bear to watch my fat self, so if any of you do check these out, please let me know how they are.

Here's the inside scoop on how these went. Gina and I showed up at the appointed time, and Jerry and Amy, Intel folks and friends, led us to a covered walkway they thought offered a nice background. (I agreed with them, because it's much nicer to look at trees than the usual corporate spaces.) A cameraman was waiting there. They told me the plan--talk on three topics--and then we picked a spot where the light was good. We did all three in one straight take, no redos, no review of questions, no preparation; Amy asked questions, and I answered them. I enjoy doing these talks, because I have to make up my answers on the spot, but I'm pretty sure I'm way stiffer and more uncomfortable looking than I should be. I'm hoping to get better at this sort of thing.

I also have to hope I sound at least moderately competent, somewhat interesting, and not too unprepared. Maybe someday I'll get around to watching them and find out...or not.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive