Sunday, February 15, 2009

On the road again: Las Vegas, day 2

I slept eleven hours, and though I woke up many times, the effect was still quite refreshing. I felt more energetic than I have in a long time. I'm increasingly convinced that if I could sleep about eighteen hours a day for a week straight, I'd be good. That's not going to happen, but hey, a guy can dream.

Tonight, we went to see Cirque du Soleil's Criss Angel: Believe. I enjoyed the show overall, but I didn't love it, and I usually do love Cirque shows. I think the essential problem is that, as Kyle commented, Criss Angel is a douche bag. Okay, I'm being unfair, because I don't know the guy. So, let me narrow the statement a bit more: Criss Angel comes off as a douche bag. Believe does feature some good magic tricks and some wonderful Cirque performers, and I don't regret going, but I also don't plan to see it again.

The people watching in Las Vegas remains as good as ever, with sights you just won't see in most places. One of my favorites today was a short young man with a bushy fro wearing a skintight sleeveless shirt, large sunglasses (indoors in a dim shop), baggy pants, and bright silver boots. The boots really made the outfit.

If you ever catch me in those silver boots, lock me in a padded room and send healthy meals through a slot in the door. I'll recover eventually.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive