Wednesday, February 18, 2009

On the road again: Las Vegas, day 5

A long time ago, a series of unlikely events led to me becoming the Editorial Director of Windows Sources, a Ziff-Davis computer magazine. My assignments related to the magazine were many, but the most immediate was to do a major redesign--something that usually takes nine months--in four months. We accomplished this goal, though doing so cost me an enormous amount physically and mentally. For the launch party, I took all the staff members and columnists to see Blue Man Group do Tubes/Rewired at the Astor Place Theatre, the off-Broadway house where the production had started, and then to the Rainbow Room for dinner. I loved the show, jammed and crammed though it was into the tiny theater.

Tonight, we went to see the Vegas version of the show, which carries the title, Bluephoria/Live at The Venetian – Las Vegas.

I'm happy to report that though much has changed and it's definitely a Vegas extravaganza, the essential spirit of the production remains intact, and we all had a fun time watching it. I'd definitely recommend it above Criss Angel: Believe.

On the bad news front, the stomach crud that has claimed most of the others today got me. I'm sick as a dog and in constant gut pain, so I'm going to stop now. Tomorrow, we travel home; here's hoping for a relatively pain-free flight.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive