Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Just who is this Kyle fellow anyway?

People ask. I'm a helper, so I help.

Kyle is a friend (which is the only reason I can do this to him; I'd never do this to an enemy). As I've noted before, you can read some of his technical pieces on videogame programming on his Web site. Those articles, though, do not tell the whole story. Kyle has many other sides.

For example, he is the best Quid-loser dancer anyone at the beach house has ever known. Here he is, pondering the cards that will soon lead to him dancing. As you can see, he has nerves of steel. Though a dancing fate awaits him, he shows no lack of confidence.






Kyle is also a charmer, as this Top 10 list from his office whiteboard, courtesy of a female colleague of his whom I shall not name for fear of lawsuit (okay, because I don't know her and thus naming her seems unfair), demonstrates to one and all.






Kyle is also the person who got me into MMA, for which I am quite grateful.

And, of course, Kyle is the kind of friend who will let you get away with crap like this.

As I said, he's my friend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kyle is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Aw, that's sweet. Just for that, here are my top 10 things I like about Sarah:

1. She frequently invites me to get in her car.
2. She eats only beige food.
3. She's very, very young, which reminds me that I am mortal, which makes me put the iocaine poison as far from myself as possible.
4. She's the smartest regular viewer of America's Next Top Model in the entire world.
5. Christmas is all around her.
6. It's difficult to describe the way she scoops ice cream without using the word "prodigy".
7. She gives her father a playmate his own (mental) age.
8. Her innocent faith that EVE won't ditch WALL-E for a newer and studlier appliance is endearing.
9. She's the second-best Rock Paper Scissors player I know.
10. Her dazzling blue eyes.

Anonymous said...

Dear Mark,
After strolling through your blog (kindly sent to me by one Kyle Wilson), I stumbled upon the Top 10 List of Things I Like About Kyle! Yes, I'm the mysterious woman who takes time from her busy day to let Kyle know how I appreciate those things about him which others might find odd (can he get a new car already?)

Thanks,
Tiffani
p.s. I'll trade you video of Kyle dancing for photos of Kyle signing the skirt of a female fan.

Mark said...

Ah, the infamous Tiffani surfaces. The stories we've heard! (Don't worry; none of us believe them.)

We have no video of Kyle dancing, alas. He will not dance if the cameras are rolling.

As for Kyle signing things on women, well, we have plenty of examples of that, and most are way more interesting than skirts.

Labels

Blog Archive