Tuesday, January 27, 2015

On the road again: Austin, day 2


While snowstorms battered the Northeast and cold hit home, here in Austin the weather was unseasonably warm, with highs today in the high seventies and tomorrow possibly reaching eighty.  It could hardly have been more gorgeous today.

For various reasons, we ended up with a large group eating together at the same two places I visited last night:  The County Line By the Lake, and Amy's Ice Creams at the Arboretum.  I was very happy to reprise that dinner-and-dessert combo, because it's one of my favorites. 

The rest of the day went to work, which, as usual, I cannot discuss.

I hope that wherever you are, the weather is treating you reasonably--or, if it's not, that you manage to stay warm and safe.



No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive