Monday, January 26, 2015

On the road again: Austin, day 1


The storms that are about to hit the northeast part of the U.S. affected me today in only two small ways:  rain on the drive to the airport, and a much lower than normal headwind for the flight to DFW that led to us arriving there half an hour early.  Not bad, not bad at all.

With a long layover in DFW, what else was I to have for lunch except a Red Mango berry parfait?  I've eaten a lot of these creations over the years, and every single one has been tasty.

I'm skipping all the work on planes and in my hotel room because, as always, I can't say anything about it.

Dinner was my usual trip to The County Line by the Lake, where I ordered what I always do.

Click an image to see a larger version.

My drinks were the usual vats of water and Diet Coke; nothing is small at this restaurant.


The sugar container just behind the water should serve to illustrate just how big these glasses were.

My meal was the three-meat combo, which features brisket, sausage, and a beef rib.


All three were delicious, though I could not finish all this meat.  (I don't even touch the sides.  I've tried to get them to serve me the meat without the sides, but that's never gone well, so I've stopped trying.)

For dessert, I headed to the nearby Amy's Ice Creams, where I enjoyed a small cup with three flavors:  mango, chocoberry (strawberry ice cream with chunks of chocolate), and sweet cream.


You cannot go wrong with Amy's.

And so another trip to Austin begins auspiciously. 



No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive