Friday, October 26, 2012

On the road again: Austin, day 5

I'm home after a long day of traveling.  I spent a couple of hours of it in planes fighting turbulent weather, so it wasn't the best trip I've had, but I'm here, so I can't complain.

Austin's airport has to be one of the best anywhere, because it has both an Amy's Ice Creams shop and a Salt Lick BBQ, both of which are terrible for my health but amazing for my mood. Thanks to the Salt Lick, I was able to enjoy this sausage and brisket combo for lunch.

As always, click on the image for a larger version.


I couldn't finish it, but all that I ate was delicious. 

After the meat, we had more time before our delayed flight, so we enjoyed the smallest scoop of ice cream that Amy's would sell us; mine was cinnamon. 

I felt guilty about tormenting family and blog readers with my Amy's desserts, so I might also have brought home six pints of Amy's. 



Hmm.  Yeah, I think I did.

In the process, I learned that when you carry a box of ice cream onto a plane that's sitting on the tarmac for a while, you suddenly find yourself friends with pretty much everyone who saw you put it overhead.  Friends, that is, as long as the plane doesn't sit there too long.  Fortunately, today's didn't, but had we been out there another half hour, things might have turned ugly.

Fortunately, the ice cream survived and is now safely in our freezer.

And I am safely home...but not in the freezer.  They hardly ever lock me in there anymore.  Hardly ever.

I'm just kidding.  Our freezer is nowhere near big enough to hold me.


No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive