Tuesday, October 23, 2012

On the road again: Austin, day 2

Almost all of today went to business meetings, and what didn't went mostly to work, so I can't say much about it. 

Dinner was, due to a last-minute change in plans, at a Thai place I won't visit again, one where the food was neither bad nor good, just blah.  A quick stop by Amy's for ice-cream dessert, however, saved the entire evening meal. 

Like so many hotel rooms, mine has a closet opposite the bathroom.  The door to the closet is mirrored, so if you're alone and don't close the bathroom door before a sit, you find yourself staring at your image in the mirror while you engage in that decidedly unglamorous activity.  I've always wondered what kind of sadistic jerk is responsible for this troubling bit of room design; if I ever meet the man, I'm giving him a quick kick to the crotch. 

Tomorrow, lots more meetings!


No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive