Thursday, February 2, 2012

On the road again: Portland, day 3

I love this hotel, but I hate its bandwidth. I rarely bother to write or contact the manager of any establishment with my concerns, but I believe I'll make an exception in this case. Slow bandwidth means more time to do all online tasks, which in turn means less sleep. Bandwidth thus matters greatly to me.

Aside from that drawback, however, it is a lovely place.

Lunch today was at one of Portland's many food trucks. I love the food truck scene, and wandering among them to choose a lunch is a great treat. I opted today for a Hawaiian barbecue, which was tasty and spicy and entirely delicious.

Dinner was at the sublime Castagna, where Chef Justin Woodward merges local ingredients with serious modernist cuisine skills to create compositions that are lovely to see and wonderful to taste. I recommend this place highly--but save up first so you can do the tasting menu. It's worth the price.

Now, I'm outta here. A very late book beckons me yet again today.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive