Tuesday, January 31, 2012

On the road again: Seattle, day 3 and Portland, day 1

When you see a small shop named Haute Dog Girl in a little strip mall, what do you do?

Head right for it, of course!

That's what I did for lunch today in beautiful downtown Kirkland, Washingon. Once inside, I found a perky young woman who pointed me to this menu:

Click on any image to see a larger version.

The young woman looked remarkably like the woman on the menu, so much so that I wondered if I might be in the presence of the Haute Dog Girl herself. Some things are best left mysterious, however, so I did not ask her.

Instead, in the interest of science, I ordered two of the odder dogs.

The Seattle Style Dog.


Yes, that's cream cheese, and, yes, those are grilled onions.

The Pastrami Reuben Dog.


All beef hot dog meets classic sandwich; what's not to like?

Somewhat to my surprise, both hot dog concoctions were quite tasty.

If you're in the area and are a fan of the noble tube steak, you should definitely visit this little place.

Now, I'm nestled into my favorite Portland hotel and quite happy to be here. Tomorrow morning starts insanely early, however, so to work and then sleep I go.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive