Friday, October 14, 2011

On the road again: Austin, day 4

The woman at the rental car counter asked what I thought of the Fiat. I told her it was the worst car I'd ever driven. She said the woman who had turned in her agreement just before me had driven the same car and loved it. Amazing.

Austin's airport has an Amy's, and I ended up staying in the airport for over two hours. Oh, yeah.

I'm home now, and despite the timestamp on this post, it's actually close to six in the morning. I am finally, however, caught up, which is great.

I'm also staying in one place for over a week, which is awesome.

On the radio on the drive to the airport today, this song popped up. It was on the first album I ever bought. Enjoy.

6 comments:

Ticia said...

What a wonderful first album to buy! How did you discover The Beatles and how long did it take for you to rush out and by the album? That is an amazing purchase for a 10 year old!

Mark said...

I discovered them when I was quite young and had to save up for the album.

Ticia said...

I think that's wonderful. Do you still have the album?

Mark said...

You bet...and the CD version of it.

Ticia said...

I'm betting you have/had the cassette version as well... although the REAL question would be whether you have/had the eight-track version... I wonder if they even re-released those in eight-track. Did eight-track ever re-release things? (dives down an Internet rabbithole)

Mark said...

Nope, just vinyl and CD.

Labels

Blog Archive