Wednesday, October 12, 2011

On the road again: Austin, day 2

As usual on business trips, I can't discuss the business side, which is a shame, because we meet with a lot of interesting people on a lot of interested topics. Ah, well, so it goes.

Lunch was at Rudy's barbecue, where the meat was tasty and tender. Texas barbecue is awesome.

Dinner was a light, appetizers-only meal (remember the lunch barbecue) at Fonda San Miguel. Nothing there is exactly like its Mexican-food counterparts back in NC, but that's probably, according to the menu, because they focus on the foods of different parts of Mexico. In any case, the dishes were quite tasty.

A trip to Amy's capped the evening out, after which I hit the hotel room for many hours of work.

I don't want to end with such a boring entry, so I'll offer you this, a fun song from a man I'll be seeing live in less than two weeks. Enjoy.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive