Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pimping Jain's art balls

That title sounds a bit dicey, doesn't it? Jain sometimes refers to them as "balls onna stick," but that's really not much better. (In fact, that's kinda ouch! and not an image I want to keep in my head.)

Regardless of what we call them, these are the nifty pieces of art that I've mentioned in a few recent blog entries and that were on display and for sale in the convention art show. Several folks have written me for more information on them, so I thought I'd show you a few pictures so you can get a sense of them. Seeing them in person is really necessary for full appreciation, because cool stuff is on all sides of each one, but this is as close as I can get with the data available to me right now.

First up is one you can't buy, because Jain gave it to me for my birthday. It now sits to the left of my main monitor in my home office. To the best of my knowledge, it has no title, which is fine by me.

















This one, Heroes of the Revolution, is also no longer available, because it's traveling home with a very happy purchaser who fell in love with it at this con.














This fine weird beastie, Rats, Bats, and Bunnies, could be yours. If you're interested, contact me through the site, and I'll hook you up with Jain. The prices are more than reasonable--in fact, I think she should increase them--so act now!










Waiting for Sam, this next bit of oddness--and, no, I don't know who Sam is--is also still available. I find it rather cheerful; don't you?

The Anticipation Art Show judges also liked it a great deal, because they awarded it a blue ribbon--one of only eight for the whole show. So, you could have your very own award-winning piece of art!














Last but not least is What's In Your Hand, a piece that, like so many of these, makes less sense but becomes even more cool as you study it more closely.










That's not all of them, of course, but these five should provide you with good sample mental images the next time I mention Jain's balls.

And if you visualize any other image, that's just not my fault.

5 comments:

spacedlaw said...

They are lovely!

Mark said...

Indeed! I'm sure Jain would ship to Italy [grin[.

Hey, you can't blame a guy for trying--and, no, I don't get a cut of the sales [grin].

Karen Z said...

I want one!

Mark said...

And you can have one! They are for sale. I can hook you up with Jain if you'd like; just let me know.

Karen Z said...

Yes, please give her my e-mail address.

Labels

Blog Archive