Tuesday, August 11, 2009

On the road again: Worldcon, Montreal, day 7

I went to sleep a little after three a.m. I woke up at 3:40 a.m. screaming in pain from the worst calf cramp I've experienced in many, many years. I shut myself up quickly as the annoyance and embarrassment at making that much noise was about as bad as the pain. I have no idea what triggered the cramp, but my leg is still sore. Annoying indeed.

You can bet I'll be stretching and taking some potassium before bed tonight.

After the usual interminable passage through security at the airport, we found that due to construction--soon to improve the quality of our travel!--our lunch choice was Burger King or Burger King. We opted for Burger King. I hadn't eaten there in a very long time. It still tastes the same, which is to say, okay but not really very good.

We were supposed to have an insanely tight connection in LaGuardia, but I should never have worried; the gods of New York lateness came to our rescue: we arrived twenty minutes early and left more than half an hour late.

The ride home was bumpy but tolerable enough that I was able to write for most of it.

I'm home now and trying to unpack, process the snail mail, and so on. The first couple of days after a big con are always odd, a transition from the unreal to the real, but I have no room in my life for a slow changeover, so I must dive into the real.

Ready or not, here I come!

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive