Saturday, March 14, 2009

On the road again: Portland, day 5

There’s nothing I like more than going to bed late, sleeping badly, and getting a wake-up call at 5:45 in the morning from a hotel clerk so cheerful that were he to awaken me in person I might tear his head from his body, throw it into whatever light he had turned on, and go happily back to sleep. Fortunately, the phone separated me from him, so after taking several deep breaths I forced myself to thank him politely and then hung up.

The flights home were remarkably uneventful, albeit periodically bumpy, but work crises made my time in DFW a bit trying. So it goes. I really can’t complain too much about any trip that gets me home safely, without significant incident, and on time.

I am exhausted and still have work to do, but I am home, and that is good news indeed. I'd write more, but to work I go.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive