Friday, January 23, 2009

I have no excuse

I really don't. I should have known better. Hell, I did know better, but I still went to see Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. It's not that the movie completely sucked; it didn't. It's simply that it was another of those "eh" films, one that never made it to good but never fully embraced its badness, either, so you leave the theater knowing you got exactly what you expected and feeling a bit wistful about that fact.

Rhona Mitry was gorgeous, and the director wisely devoted as much of her screen time as possible to her lips, because she definitely wasn't earning points on the acting front.

Bill Nighy gave it his best, but it wasn't enough, not this time.

Wait for the DVD to come out, then pick it up, think of my comments, put it back down, and move on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

clearly, kate beckinsale was smart enough to cut her losses after the second one...

- lisa

Anonymous said...

For the entire day yesterday I was living under the impression that this movie was called "Underworld: Rise of the Lichen." Like, a killer moss. I could have asked, but the delusion was so much cooler than the reality.

Mark said...

Your movie would have been even slower than the real one, but it might have been as entertaining.

Labels

Blog Archive