Saturday, December 20, 2008

Pass three complete

I'm finished the third pass of Overthrowing Heaven. Though there's red ink on almost every page, the book is clean, cleaner than any previous novel at this stage. Overall, I'm surprisingly happy with it. I think it's the strongest book yet. It will not need a fifth pass. Once I key in these changes and rework certain key sections, I'll be done.

I actually hope to finish before Christmas.

That's a good thing, by the way, because I received the typeset paperback of Slanted Jack, and those pages are missing a key component: the teaser first chapter of Overthrowing Heaven. I need to get this book to my publisher.

And soon, very soon, I will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark,

Huge fan of your work. Very excited about the next novel. I beg you, please please please ask Toni to put this out as an eARC.

I might cry otherwise. And you wouldn't want to make a grown man cry now would you?

Mark said...

Absolutely not! I will not let that happen.

Besides, I'm pretty sure Toni is already planning to put out Overthrowing Heaven as an eARC.

Labels

Blog Archive