Saturday, January 26, 2008

Heading out again

I fly out in the morning to the Bay area for the annual SPEC meeting. SPEC is a leading computer performance measurement organization, and my company is a member. I've never been able to attend the annual meeting, so I'm looking forward to it. I'm also hoping to visit some friends and clients while in the area.

The bad news is that I have to head to the airport at 8:45 a.m. in the morning on a Sunday. Usually at that time I'm just getting into the best part of my sleep. So it goes. I will also miss my usual late-Sunday-morning exercise; perhaps I'll atone for it at the hotel.

The hotel represents an odd sort of homecoming, because for over five years I averaged one week a month working in the Bay area at a group there that reported to me and staying at the same hotel that is hosting the SPEC meeting.

Dinner tonight will be at Piedmont, a restaurant I've mentioned before. Follow that link, and you'll see tonight's menu. I'm already salivating over a few dishes, particularly the gnocchi with Umbrian black truffles. I have enough faith in these fine folks that I'm predicting a great meal ahead.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive