Monday, January 21, 2008

Arisia report, day 4

Today, I slept late and did not exercise; shame on me. Another hotel cart lunch preceded work, a peek at the Patriots game, and then the first of my two panels.

This one had appeared promising, because it focused on "food geekery" and why so many SF fans are foodies or at least food geeks. The discussion quickly devolved, however, into little more than chaos, so I was pleased when it ended.

A brief work break, then off I went to my second panel, this one on the depiction of hacking in the media. All of the panelists had legitimate qualifications, and all but one were interesting; you can guess, however, which person dominated the conversation. Still, the room was packed, those of us on the panel all made some points and agreed and disagreed in useful proportions, and the hour passed reasonably quickly and well.

Dinner this evening was at Oleanna, which features Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisines. All our dishes were quite good, with the deviled eggs with tuna and black olives a particular standout. I definitely recommend dining here if you're in the Boston area.

As usual at this time of night, I must return to the novel.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive