Saturday, December 29, 2007

Snapshots of an odd evening

Scott taking on Kyle, Sarah, and me in Halo 3 and kicking our butts. Ouch. I was again the meat.

Wagyu beef pigs in blankets and Wagyu beef sliders, Allen Bros. steak dogs, Jain's deviled eggs, Jennie's mac and cheese, Rana's salad. Yum. Wow, did I eat too much.

Lucy Liu as a vampire hunting vampires in Rise, a bad movie that still held its own against recent films that should have been vastly better (ref. my Sweeney Todd and National Treasure 2 entries).

UFC 79: A generally excellent card, excepting the boring heavyweights. Highlights include Manny Gamburyan's ankle lock, Chuck Liddell owning Wanderlei Silva, and in the fight I cared about most, Georges St. Pierre dominating and ultimately submitting Matt Hughes--who was surprisingly gracious in defeat, almost as gracious as GSP was in victory.

Bacon baklava--yes, you read that correctly--from Lisa, from a Food & Wine recipe. Opinions were mixed, but I liked it. The maple syrup taste hits you first, then the bacon comes in on top of it like a lead guitarist starting a solo. Interesting indeed.

Two tres leches cakes from Jennie, both delicious.

Great ice cream from The Chocolate Shoppe in Madison and a local Ben & Jerry's. Did I mention I ate too much?

And now I work on notes for Overthrowing Heaven. I think I see the light....

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive