Wednesday, December 26, 2007

More and less

I always dreamed that I'd be more. Long before my current age, I would have changed the world, done great things, become someone important.

I never dreamed I'd have as much as I do now. I never imagined having such a great family and extended family, so many friends and things, such a nice house, you name it.

The uncharted space between the distant boundaries of the dream and the vast territory of the undreamt is where I wander most of the time, uncomfortable in my skin, in my life, in my head.

I won't lie and say that I spent no time like that today; I did. I always do.

But today, Christmas, I choose each year to focus almost entirely on how lucky I am to have people I'm privileged to love--most especially my children, the life with which I'm blessed, prosperity, health, and all the other good things in my life.

I hope to learn to maintain that focus for more and more of my days.

My thanks to all of you who help me have this life. Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive