Sunday, December 23, 2007

Another of our traditions

is the Yule/Solstice party, normally Jennie's, this year hers and her sister's, Jain. The food theme was Southern, and everything was, as always, delicious. We ate the main course at one house, then crossed the street for dessert at the other.

It's easy at this time to bemoan that it's the same fifteen to twenty folks who show up at most of these events, but I see the same data very differently: I'm amazed and grateful to have so many long-time friends. When we gather for these various parties, what we have most to celebrate, in my opinion, is our great good fortune at having a strong group of people who care about one another. The holidays bring that fact into sharp focus, but it's true year-round, and I'm continually amazed and delighted at the fine folks with whom I get to share my life.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive