Thursday, October 18, 2007

My thanks to The State of Things crew

If you didn't notice it on my home page, I spent about an hour today at the Durham studios of WUNC Radio, where I was the second guest on the show, The State of Things. Frank Stasio, the voice of the show, Lindsay Thomas, the producer who worked on my segment, and all the folks I met there were gracious, helpful, and generally good professionals. I enjoyed the interview, which took a different approach than most discussions I've had about One Jump Ahead, and I think it came off okay.

If you're interested, you can check for yourself via the link on my home page. I'd replicate it here to save you time, but the show is going to be moving around on their site as it heads toward their archives, and I don't want to have to maintain two links.

The experience there reminded me that I'm almost always impressed with and happy to be around professionals who are good at their jobs--whatever those jobs may be. Competence matters a great deal to me.

On an related note, the guest after me on the show was Bryan Zupon, a Duke senior who runs an underground kitchen at which I've had the pleasure to eat once and who writes about food. Bryan is a very good cook, and it was great to see him again. We exchanged restaurant stories, and I joined his segment to add my praises for his cooking. If you're a local foodie, you should be trying to eat Bryan's cooking before he graduates. I'm certainly going to try to set up another meal with him.

And now, as on most evenings, it's time for me to return to Slanted Jack.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive