Saturday, October 20, 2007

Best brain fart of Slanted Jack

The award for the best brain fart moment in Slanted Jack goes to me, of course, for writing about gorilla groups seeking arms.

As Dave, who found this error for me (thanks, Dave!), noted, such behavior would certainly cut down on poaching.

I do know, of course, that I should have written (and will, in the final book), "guerilla" (the spelling variant I prefer), but somehow while focusing on the scene a homonym error crept in.

Now, I'm tempted to write a story about gorilla groups amassing weapons for a revolt--but first I'd have to find a way to avoid all resemblances to The Planet of the Apes.

Then again, perhaps this is one of those ideas that should go on the shelf, way in the back, in the dusty, never-cleaned areas where the dust rhinos roam.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive