Sunday, May 25, 2014

On the road again: Balticon, day 3


My day began entirely too early with a 10:00 a.m. panel that assembled all the attending Compton Crook Award winners:  Michael Flynn, Maria V. Snyder, Myke Cole, Chuck Gannon, and me.  Moderator Jonette Butler asked about our experiences with the award, and then we fielded questions from the small but very attentive audience. 

I had a short break to work on my show before I had to head out to moderate the ninety-minute Liars' Panel.  With fellow panelists Chuck Gannon, Gail Z. Martin, and Jo Walton, we answered questions--sometimes truthfully, sometimes not--entertained the audience, and raised almost three hundred bucks to buy books for kids who could not otherwise afford them.

Less than half an hour after leaving that room, I was on stage performing my new stand-up show, Mr. Poor Choices II:  I Don't Understand.  A mix of new and old material, all in a new framework and at a better pace, I think this was the best show I've done.  The audience of 150 to 200 people all laughed when they should and seemed to have a good time.

I am now, though, wrung out, so I'm calling it a day.


2 comments:

Griffin said...

I have yet to see your stand-up routine, and I'm feeling the lack. I think Balticon may be require my attendance next year.

Mark said...

I don't know if I'll be doing the show then, but I am sorry you missed it. I think you would have enjoyed it.

Labels

Blog Archive