Thursday, May 29, 2014

Chef: My favorite movie of the year so far


As you can tell from this entry's title, I fell head-over-heels in love with this Jon Favreau film.   I'm not alone in liking it--check out what Rottentomatoes says about it--but I am probably unusual in the degree of my enthusiasm for it.  The movie simply hit me perfectly.  Though I knew within five minutes exactly how the plot would go, I didn't care; I loved the ride.  The construction was flawless, the restaurant bits spot-on, and the sentimentality just right, at least for me. 

I also left the theater ravenous for a Cubano sandwich.

At the film's end--do stay for all the credits--a good third of the audience clapped.  I was among them.

I don't want to tell you more about this one, because you should get to enjoy every moment of it without any spoilers. 

Go see Chef if you possibly can.



No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive