Wednesday, February 26, 2014

On the road again: Portland, day 3


Another day of interesting meetings I cannot discuss.  Sorry about that.

Dinner tonight was a first:  a truly excellent sushi meal in Portland.  I've had a few good sushi dinners here, but never before have I eaten one in which everything I tasted ranged from good to far better than merely good.  Tonight, Bamboo Sushi became my personal Best Sushi in Portland award winner.  We ate the omakase menu, which basically means the chef sends what she/he wants you to eat.  I highly recommend this approach in general and definitely at Bamboo Sushi.

I should note, by the way, that I first ate at Bamboo Sushi in 2009, and that meal did not impress me.  The improvement in tonight's food over that earlier offering was amazing. 

As fate would have it, the restaurant is right next door to Salt & Straw, so we popped in there for a small ice cream dessert.  The ice cream was, as always here, amazingly good.

If you're in this area and in the mood for sushi and dessert, I highly recommend this two-restaurant combo. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salt & Straw vs Amy's (Austin). Go!

Mark said...

I can only lose in picking a winner in that contest, so I will abstain.

Labels

Blog Archive