Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Spec-Fic Writers Throw Down In Library War!


Well, not exactly.  We sat for an hour and fifteen minutes, answered questions, and left as quietly as we entered.  Still, I'm working on my New York Post headline writing skills, in case they need to call me up to the show, so I need to practice whenever I can.

As I mentioned in Sunday night's post, this second (for Dave and me) library event of the month featured David Drake, John Kessel, Mur Lafferty, and me.  Our gracious host librarian, whose name I'm embarrassed to admit I did not write down, asked us a bunch of questions, and then the audience--which again outnumbered us, for which I'm grateful--hit us with a few.  We talked a lot about writing, with all of us generally agreeing that the most important thing was, surprise, to actually write.  As Mur noted, everyone who wants to be a writer knows this secret, but few actually take advantage of the knowledge. 

After the panel, a small group of us headed over to Gonza Tacos Y Tequila for a tasty dinner.  I'd not been there before, but I'll definitely go back if I'm in the area and craving Mexican food.

Now, to write.





No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive