Tuesday, September 11, 2012

On the road again: San Francisco, day 3

Today's opening keynote at IDF began, appropriately enough, with a short reflection on the tragic events of 9/11.  I was down the road from here, in the Westin Burlingame, when the news broke and the first plane hit one of the Twin Towers.  It was a somber beginning to a talk that then turned optimistic, as it should, when the topic turned to the future of computing.

I enjoyed the show and went to several different interesting technical session.  Between it and keeping up with my regular work, however, work was almost all I did today.

The non-work part was a good dinner at Burma Superstar.  I'd never tasted Burmese food before, but I liked every dish I sampled.  I learned two important lesson:  a lot of the dishes contain mint, so I have to ask about each one before ordering it, and many are quite spicy.  I'm fine with spicy, but it's good to know in advance. 

And now, a bit more work, and then some sleep. 


No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive