Monday, September 10, 2012

On the road again: San Francisco, day 2

San Francisco is lovely right now, the air brisk, the sky clear, the usual collection of interesting people roaming the streets.  I wouldn't want to endure the high costs of living here, but I certainly like visiting it. 

I spent most of the day working, but I took a short walk and so was able to enjoy the daylight hours a bit.  That was a treat. 

Dinner was at Mel's Drive-In, a little diner near the hotel.  The food isn't particularly great, but it's reasonably tasty, and the wait staff are always funky and nice.  I also am always going to have a weakness for a place that emulates diners of the 50s and plays oldies non-stop.  Of course, what passes for oldies nowadays is anything not in the 2000s or later, so there's a bit of a disconnect between the setting and the sounds, but I'm okay with that. 

Tomorrow, the conference kicks off at what is, to me, an unreasonably early hour:  9:00 a.m.  I should be thankful, though, because in past years it started even earlier.  I'll have to get up much earlier, though, to catch up on email, so I'm heading offline now.  Tomorrow, tech talks!


No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive