Wednesday, May 23, 2012

One Jump Ahead meets real life

In my first novel, One Jump Ahead, Jon met Lobo in a square in the small capital city of an emerging frontier planet.  At that time, Lobo's main weapons control system was useless from damage on a mission, so he was there as a reminder of the might of the Frontier Coalition, the group of allied planets on the edges of human space.  Kids were playing on and near Lobo when Jon first encountered him.

Check this out, courtesy of the fine folks at io9:  kids playing on old tanks in Russia.  I doubt this is the first time this has happened, nor will it be the last, but it is cool to see nonetheless.

Tomorrow morning, way too damn early, I head to Balticon, where I'll be doing all kinds of stuff.  I hope to give you a preview of my con activities in tomorrow's blog entry.  Now, though, I have to finish working, pack, and grab a few hours of sleep.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive