Monday, October 25, 2010

Please to permit me a moment of fatherly pride

As I've said before, I am blessed to have two wonderful children. Last night, we headed to Duke to have dinner with Sarah and to see two of her poems hanging in a Duke student art show.


I was and am, as you might imagine, quite proud of her.

With her kind permission, I'm going to show you the two poems. If you click on each image, you should get one that's big enough to read.

The first clearly pulls from her experiences working with our Fourth of July firing team earlier this year.


The second...well, I'll let it speak for itself, as poetry does.


I'd say it if I'd never met her, so I don't mind saying it here: Damn, Sarah can write.

I did insist on the author posing with her work.


She is, as you can see, beautiful--and cracking up at my insistence on photographing both her poems and her.

I can't wait to read whatever she writes next.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

You have a right to show some fatherly pride. Wow! Good for you, Sarah!

Mark said...

Thanks for the kind words.

Griffin said...

Damn. Evocative as ever. I await the next installment.

Mark said...

As do I, Griffin.

Todd said...

I enjoy her work, and she is as pretty as a picture. :-)

Mark said...

Thanks for the kind words, Todd.

Labels

Blog Archive