Saturday, May 22, 2010

Jon & Lobo will return

When I was young, I was a huge fan of the James Bond movies. (I still am.) When each movie ended, I would sit in the theater as the credits scrolled and anxiously await the magic moment when the screen would light up with the words

James Bond will return in
As long-time readers of this blog will know, my contract for the Jon & Lobo series ended with Children No More. You may also remember that I am far from done with the series; CNM was book four, and my current rough outline requires about eighteen books to complete.

I'm happy to be able to announce that Publisher Toni and I have agreed to terms on a new three-book contract, the first of which will be another Jon & Lobo book. (The others may, too, or not--we haven't worried about that yet.) I owe it next May, and you should be able to buy it about the first of November, 2011--in time for the holiday gift-giving season!

I know that's a bit more than a year between the books, which is not perfect, but it's the best I could manage.

I'm psyched to write the next one and already know its basics. I hope you're happy at the prospect of getting more Jon & Lobo stories.

Oh, yeah: This is not the big announcement I mentioned yesterday. That will follow.

But not today.

12 comments:

Lisa Shearin said...

Congratulations, Mark! It's always good (and a relief) to get that next contract offer. ; ) Can't wait to hear the Big Announcement.

Lisa

Mark said...

Thanks for the kind words, Lisa. It is nice to be done with this phase of the process.

Michelle said...

That is wonderful. After reading the eARC form of Children No More, I couldn't imagine never reading about the dynamic duo again. Thank you for keeping J&L alive. Congratulations!

Griffin said...

Jeez, such a tease!

Mark said...

Thanks, Michelle. I have to give Publisher Toni the credit here.

Mark said...

Okay, Griffin, maybe a little.

Todd said...

I haven't finished the eARC version. I never realized how difficult it'd be.

I need to pick it up and finish it before the book is released.

Mark said...

Todd, I hope you mean "difficult" as in "emotionally difficult" and not as in "bad" or "hard to read." I hope.

Michelle said...

Be assured, it was emotionally difficult. It is very dark and makes you think. However, I liked it alot and am relieved to know there will be more to follow.

Mark said...

I'm glad you liked it. It is a rough book emotionally.

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait for the next one. Awesome series.

Mark said...

Thanks for the kind words.

Labels

Blog Archive