Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Picture time!

Sometimes--and tonight is one of those times--the urge to show a few photos strikes me. These are all from the recent Portland trip.


Let's start with the creepy one.

I'm beginning to think there's a conspiracy to put these strange food statues in my path, so I can never last a week without encountering one. As the saying goes, just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you--but would anyone choose this form of attack?











Staying with food, but now with truly excellent food, here's a shot of the end of my receipt from our dinner at Le Pigeon. If I didn't already love the place, I would admire it for this small touch alone.



The final two pictures are both the view out my hotel room window from the desk where I was working. This one is with the blinds down; I like how it cuts the night into horizontal lines.







I have to confess, though, that I like this one even better. Something about the vitality of a busy city at night always makes me happy.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive