Monday, October 5, 2009

If you're not busy this Wednesday night (Oct. 7) at 7:30 p.m.

the come on down to the lovely Quail Ridge Books to say hi, chat, listen to me read, and buy some books. Yes, I'm doing another reading, my last in the area and probably the last one in NC in support of Overthrowing Heaven.

The fine folks at QRB have been fighting the good independent bookstore fight for almost 25 years (their anniversary is Saturday), and I've been going there for about that long. It's the kind of bookstore that wears its love of books on the sleeves of all its staff, and that's a wonderful thing indeed. I grew up frequenting exactly this kind of store, where passionate bookpeople helped grow my love of the printed word. I hope to be able to keep going to QRB and stores like it for many, many years to come.

I'm sad to say that I haven't done a very good job of helping them sell books in the past, but still they're having me back. I'd like to do a better job this time, so please help me repay that kindness, join us Wednesday night, have a nice time, and buy some books!

Tomorrow, no sales pitches. I promise (unless, of course, an odd bee of some type flies up my mental bonnet, in which case all bets are off).

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive