Wednesday, September 23, 2009

On the road again: San Francisco, day 6

Watching the demonstrations and keynote speeches at today's sessions, I couldn't help but be struck both by how much progress the computer industry is making and how much more I want it to make. As a group of us were discussing earlier tonight, and as I'll cover in some later entry, the problem with new tech is not what it does but all that it doesn't yet handle.

Dinner was at Sebo Sushi, which had come to our attention courtesy of Bourdain's No Reservations episode on San Francisco. We had to wait half an hour for a table, but once seated we had very good miso soup and far better than average sushi. I enjoyed all that I tried, though the standout was the butter fish.

Sebo Sushi doesn't offer dessert, so after our meal we headed over to Bi-Rite Creamery to try their ice cream. All the flavors we sampled were excellent, though Jeni's remains at the top of the ice cream hierarchy.

Conferences are always incredibly demanding, because they add to my normal workload and my writing the panels, speeches, and so on. I'm thus exhausted but keeping up. To the writing I go.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive