Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Fray at DPAC

Earlier tonight, a group of us went to see The Fray perform at the new Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC). I'd never been to DPAC, and I'd never seen The Fray, so I was quite pleased to have scored tickets to the show. As frequent readers may recall, I've been listening to their song, "How To Save a Life," almost daily during the work on Children No More, so in that small way The Fray have been a part of my life for almost this entire calendar year.

The show was excellent, better than I'd expected. The sound mix, though of course not as good as an album's, was far better than what you get in most clubs. The Fray performed all their hits and a fair selection of other songs. The lead singer, Isaac Slade, has a stage persona that at times is rather odd, but he was nonetheless fun to watch and seemed genuinely to care about the music.

The opening act, Nathaniel Rateliff & the Wheel, was also quite good, interesting enough that I plan to pick up their CD sometime soon.

If you like any of The Fray's music and their tour comes near you, definitely check them out.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive