Wednesday, August 5, 2009

When next I write to you

I will be in Montreal for Anticipation, the 2009 World Science Fiction Convention. I have quite been looking forward to this con, though my current workload suggests it may be rather exhausting. I shall hope for the best.

Many people ask me how much I plan for cons. Tonight's planning should suffice as an example. It's about 1:30 a.m. now. I have to get up at 6:30 a.m. I still have some writing to do, and then I will start packing. Start.

So, not so much on the planning.

In other news, the moon tonight was full (or nearly so) and pale yellow and heavy in the sky, the kind of moon that made our distant ancestors sure that something big was coming. Harvest moon is my favorite moon, and this one is second, so I felt lucky to get to spend a little time looking at it earlier. I'll admire it again later, clouds permitting, when I take out Holden.

I spend an inordinate amount of time tired and stressed, and yet I am so lucky and live a far better life than I had any right to expect. I need to keep that in mind more.

Here's hoping Montreal brings great stories and more magic.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive