Thursday, June 25, 2009

Yesterday's signing

was both successful and fun. As you can see in this photo, which like all the others here is courtesy of Gina, we even had our own fancy poster in the window. Pretty cool.

We also had a pretty large audience, right around 40 folks, which was also quite cool. Linda and Buck and Butch of the Cary Barnes & Noble did a great job making the event happen, and we owe them a huge thanks. I worked off some of my debt by buying eight books and a magazine as I was scurrying off to dinner.







Here's the whole writer gang, resplendent behind our table and with our store-supplied microphone. In case you don't recognize us, from left to right we are Dave, me, James, and Lisa.






For those who want solo shots, here's Dave


















and Lisa






















and James, all in glorious writerly action.













I, on the other hand, spent most of the panel trying to perfect my imitation of a cat that has just awakened to find its tongue stuck between its lips and a temptingly tasty microphone right in front of its face and in desperate need of licking.

No, I did not lick the microphone; we had to share, so that would have been wrong.

But, as you can see from the look on my face, I did consider it.

2 comments:

Frederick Paul Kiesche III said...

Mark, head over to your discussion spot at Baen's Bar. Several people are posting postive remarks about Overthrowing Heaven. You might want to bask.

Mark said...

Thanks, Fred. I'm not good at basking, but the kind words were nice to read, and I did thank the folks who said them.

Labels

Blog Archive